Another Idiotic Moment

1:34 PM


Whew, just got home from church and I had another idiotic encounter. After the mass, I went straight to Mercury Drug Store to buy some food (canned goods and some junk foods) when I met this lady. She approached me and called me by some name (I really did not hear clearly). Honestly, I really could not remember her. I even looked if there was someone behind me lol. Anyway, she approached me and asked where my "mama" was. I wasn't sure what she meant by "mama" as I call my grandmother "mama" and my mom "mom". I immediately answered that she was home. My mom is currently at the province, and my grandmother is at home (intubated). I noticed the expression on her face as if the confidence of knowing me slowly subsided. She then asked if we didn't celebrate all souls' day at the province and I confidently answered a "no" and unintentionally had an expression of being surprised why she didn't know (If she was a relative, she'd know that my grandmother was at home and needed nursing and that there's no way of visiting the dead when there's someone at home catching her breath to live). I think that expression really had her. She left and I know from the look on her face that she had second thoughts if I was really the person she thought I was, which I am. These was all because of my automatic response of clumsiness when a somewhat stranger tries to converse with me. I always give out answers without thinking twice whether or not I understood clearly their question. I even pair it with expressions I don't really intend on showing but they do, which then give false impression on what I really mean (Now I'm confused with my words)
. Well, just wanted to share this experience. I think I got her to feel embarrassed more than I did.

0 comments: